Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Because water damage can be devastating it’s important to remain sober-minded and not panic. It’s also important to be decisive because waiting to address water damage can complicate the problem and even create other issues. So, respond in this early moment to limit further damage and mold growth.
Our SERVPRO of Delray Beach team is a leader in the Delray Beach community. We regularly address water damage and we know the strategies and the right tools to use to make sure that your property is well taken care of.
When you come into contact with water damage, call us. But before our team arrives below are several tips to think through.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (561) 272-5180
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.