Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold Damage Tips - The Do's and Don'ts
Mold is present everywhere both indoors and outdoors, but it isn’t generally a problem in a property until there is some exposure to greater amounts of moisture. In fact, mold spores thrive on moisture!
Within as little as 48 hours mold can become a problem to your property in Delray Beach. And mold is intrusive because it can impact our health as well as seriously damage properties. Our local SERVPRO team has been trained in proper mold remediation techniques, we have the right equipment and a ton of mold fighting experience.
Below we’ve listed some helpful tips about mold, about things to do, and things not to do. Our SERVPRO of Delray Beach team offers a wide variety of services, but we are experts in mold damage cleanup and remediation.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (561) 272-5180
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Delray Beach for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Delray Beach has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Delray Beach
- Highland Beach
- West Delray Beach
- Kings Point
- Delray Shores
- Lake Ida